The idea of registering for college can seem daunting for some students and their parents. If you break down the process, you’ll get a better understanding of what’s needed. That’s why TSTC has come up with this checklist for your convenience. Check things off one by one and remember, when it comes to early college registration, the early bird really does get the worm. First registered are more apt to get the classes they need and are given early consideration for financial aid.
Registration for Summer and Fall 2016 begins March 21. New students and returning students can register beginning April 4.
Summer/Fall 2016 Checklist
All admission requirements must be submitted to attend new student orientation and registering for classes.
- Complete and submit TSTC’s admission application online at: www.tstc.edu/apply.
- Submit official transcripts to the Office of Admissions or online at www.tstc.edu/admissions.
- Submit proof of bacterial meningitis vaccination to the Office of Admissions. All new, transfer, or students with a Fall or Spring Semester break under the age of 22 must submit this information.
- Submit Texas Success Initiative (TSI) test scores or provide TSI proof of exemption such as SAT/ACT scores, TAKS results, veteran information or prior college hours to the Office of Testing & Advisement in the TSTC Student Center Room 312 or call 281-239-1548. Visit www.tstc.edu/testing for more information.
- Apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. With this application a student can be considered for grants, loans or work study programs. TSTC’s FAFSA school code is: 003634.
For more information call Erasmo Chapa at the financial aid office at 832-223-0609 or go to www.tstc.edu/financialaid.
- Register for and attend New Student Orientation. All students must complete the admissions process before attending orientation. To register for orientation call 281-239-1548.
- Communicate with a Success Coach for advisement. To schedule an appointment call Mara Hartsell at 281-239-1548
- Register for classes with an advisor or at https://nportal.tstc.edu/student/main/Pages/Home.aspx.
- Tuition payments are due the Wednesday before classes begin. Students have three payment options available: Full payment, payment plans and emergency tuition loans. Payment plans can also be set up online through WebAdvisor.
o Summer 2016 Payment Due: Wednesday, May 4 by noon
o Fall 2016 Payment Due: Wednesday, August 29 by noon
For assistance visit call Judy Cox at 281-239-1548.
- Submit a financial obligation form via WebAdvisor
- Register for classes with an academic advisor or technology faculty advisor
Last Day to Register
- Registration Ends May 2
- Late Registration begins May 3 ($100 late registration fee)
- Classes Begin May 9
- Registration Ends August 22
- Late Registration begins August 23 ($100 late registration fee)
- Classes Begin August 29
Contact Information/Office Hours
Student Accounting 281-239-1548
Financial Aid Office 832-223-0609
Student Recruitment 832-595-8734
Testing & Advisement 281-239-1548
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.