A JEWEL OF A SEASON BRIGHTENS THE STAGE
AT THE GRAND 1894 OPERA HOUSE!
Single Tickets On Sale Monday July 23, 2018
GALVESTON ISLAND, TEXAS (17 July 2018). Single tickets to the 2018-2019 performances at The Grand will go on sale Monday, July 23, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. As the Gulf Coast’s premier entertainment showplace for acclaimed international stars, iconic American artists, and celebrated regional performers, The Grand 1894 Opera House continues to produce an annual performing arts season that delivers “living in the moment” entertainment experiences that capture the imagination of its audiences. Its 2018-2019 Performing Arts Season will include many such memorable events.
Explains Maureen M. Patton, Executive Director of The Grand: “The magic of live performance - where talented artists share their creative joy while feeding off the energy of a captivated audience - is like nothing else. And, if ever there were a time to add something joyful and uplifting to our day-to-day lives, this would be it!”
During The Grand’s 2018-2019 season, Wynonna Judd makes her Grand debut, backed by her band, The Big Noise. That’s just the beginning of an array of music from all over the world. The Choir of Man promises an electrifying concert by an amazing group of Irishmen who will transport you to an onstage Grand Pub complete with beer kegs! Next to Mexico and the Queen of Ranchera Music, Aida Cuevas, whose unwavering devotion to traditional mariachi music will thrill you; and Gabriel Royal, who made history when he was discovered playing and singing his own sonorous style of music in the New York subways. Love the big band sound, Doo Wop, jazz, Rock and Roll, Country? There’s something for everyone just waiting to be experienced. From Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis and the breezy sophistication of Pink Martini to Irish history through music, song and dance and the music of WWII, it’s yours for the asking. Experience the best in Broadway with Jersey Boys, Kinky Boots, Something Rotten and Spamalot and a range of Holiday Shows that will put you in the spirit and keep you there.
Subscription packages are available now. Contact The Grand's box office at 409.765.1894, 800.821.1894, or visit The Grand at www.thegrand.com. Non-subscription single tickets (if available) will be on sale beginning July 23, 2018 at 9am. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Grand 1894 Opera House is located at 2020 Postoffice Street in Galveston's historic downtown Cultural Arts District, and is recognized as "The Official Opera House of the State of Texas." All major credit cards accepted.
THE GRAND 1894 OPERA HOUSE, PERFORMING ARTS SEASON 2018-2019
- SEASON OPENER – Wynonna & The Big Noise | Sat., Sept. 29, 2018 – 8pm
- The Choir of Man | Sat., Oct. 6, 2018 – 8pm
- Aida Cuevas – Totalmente Juan Gabriel | Sat., Oct. 13, 2018 – 8pm
- Silent film with Rob Landes – Phantom of the Opera | Fri., Oct. 26, 2018 – 8pm
- The Doo Wop Project | Sun., Oct. 28, 2018 – 4pm
- Gabriel Royal: The Underground Cello Project | Sat., Nov. 10, 2018 – 8pm
- Asleep at the Wheel – Merry Texas Christmas Y’all | Sat., Nov. 24, 2018 – 8pm
- The Priests | Sun., Nov. 25, 2018 – 7pm
- A Christmas Carol | Fri., Nov. 30, 2018 – 8pm | Sat., Dec. 1, 2018 - 3pm
- Big Band Holidays - Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis | Sun., Dec. 2, 2018 – 4pm
- Jerry Jeff Walker | Sat., Dec. 8, 2018 – 8pm
- All Is Calm: The Christmas Truce of 1914 | Sun., Dec. 9, 2018 – 4pm
- A Charlie Brown Christmas Live on Stage | Sun., Dec. 23, 2018 – 1pm and 4pm
- The Other Mozart | Sat., Jan. 12, 2019 – 8pm
- The Oak Ridge Boys | Sat., Jan. 19, 2019 – 7:30pm | Sun., Jan. 20, 2019 – 3pm
- SOMETHING ROTTEN! | Sat., Jan. 26, 2019 – 3pm and 8pm
- Jersey Boys | Sun., Feb. 3, 2019 – 7pm
- Neil Berg’s 50 Years of Rock & Roll | Sat., Feb. 16, 2019 – 8pm
- Celtic Nights: Oceans of Hope | Sat., Mar. 9, 2019 – 8pm
- The Rob Landes Trio Revisits the Music of WWII | Sun., Mar. 24, 2019 – 4pm
- Pink Martini | Fri., Apr. 12, 2019 – 8pm
- Spamalot | Sat., Apr. 27, 2019 – 3pm and 8pm
- Kinky Boots | Thurs., June 13, 2019 – 8pm
FOR TICKETS CLICK HERE (Monday, July 23, 2018 at 9am)